In light of the current disruption and uncertainty around the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak and pandemic we wanted to reassure all our customers that we are taking all the necessary steps to follow the world health organisation and local authorities’ guidelines.
The NHS has stated that it is very unlikely that the virus can be spread through food. Our ovens cook food at +200 degrees, so it is highly unlikely that anything survives this heat, especially things such as this virus.
Our stores and staff are taking extra measures on top of already strict procedures:
- We are reminding all our team members to wash their hands for 20 seconds, every 20 minutes.
- Making sure all delivery drivers when coming in and out of the premises are washing their hands in the same manner.
- Sanitising and de-contaminating the tables, prep counters, door handles, PDQ machines and anything else that we or others may come into contact with.
To ensure the safety and well-being of our customer’s and staff, and to help the country contain as much as we can, we would suggest the following:
- Pay by card where possible to avoid unnecessary contact.
- you can request your food to be left outside your door.
All must come together to do their bit to help contain this Virus, for the sake of the more vulnerable and the elderly.
Please stay safe and vigilant across these uncertain times.